Voters have been able to register online for years but had to complete the process with a partially filled-out registration form that was mailed to users. Among the more innovative uses of online voter registration was developed by the state of Washington.
Voters there can register through Facebook with an app that populates the regular online form with data gleaned from a user’s Facebook account.
California, Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Nevada, Maryland, and New York allow online registering, and Connecticut, Delaware, and Hawaii are on the path, according to Jarrett Moreno of Ourtime.
- Colorado see Go Vote Colorado
- California see Secretary of State
- Indiana see IndianaVoters.gov
- Arizona see EZ Voter Registration
- Kansas see Vote Kansas
- Louisiana see Geaux Vote
- Maryland Maryland State Board of Elections
- Nevada see Online Voter Registration
- New York see New York DMV Voter Registration
- Oregon see OreStar
- Utah see Office of the Lt. Governor
- Washington see Online Voter Registration
Rest of the article here